CCAH’s Takes Work with Relief Organizations to New Heights!
By: Meg Kross, Senior Account Executive
“You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.”
- Winston Churchill
CCAH places a huge emphasis on giving back to the community on both a global and local level. We don’t just rely on our day jobs to make a difference – the entire CCAH team pitches in off the clock as well. This past week, CCAH staffers delivered 114 pounds of food to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) thanks to the food and monetary donations (more than $100) brought into the office as part of our ongoing food drive .
Last fall, the AFAC reported a record number of Arlington families seeking food assistance and since then, CCAH staff has been able to donate hundreds of pounds of food. We are so proud of the CCAH team, as every member took time out of his or her work week to help the AFAC assist our neighbors in need.
Again, a big thanks to everyone who helped stuff the drop-box in the kitchen, dropped some change in the donation jar and delivered the food to the AFAC. Maybe we can beat this month’s donation during our next drive.
In the coming months, we look forward to giving back in more ways as we launch several community fundraising efforts, including:
- A Charity Walk: Coming this spring, we’re looking to create a team to participate in one of the many area races for a cure. We look forward to pounding the pavement to help raise money and awareness for an area charity.
- A Clothing Drive: To benefit Dress for Success and Goodwill, CCAH will collect interview and professional clothing for women seeking employment. Stay tuned for an announcement on when we’ll start taking donations.
- A Book Drive: CCAH will be donating children’s books to children in need with a book drive. We’ll have details soon, including the beneficiary organization, so grab a few extra copies of your favorite book from elementary school to share the joy of reading with a new generation.
- Martha's Table: Once again, CCAH will help Martha’s Table provide lunches throughout the summer for underprivileged children who depend on school lunches during the school year.
- Trevor's Treasures: Later in the year, CCAH is planning to hold a toy drive for a local charity, Trevor’s Treasures, that collects toys to donate to children battling cancer in the DC area.
The CCAH team has a hard focus on community service, and we’re proud that everyone participates in some way. CCAH continues to work to find more ways to give back. From local food drives… to building houses for those in need … to donating professional clothing to women seeking employment … to providing books, toys and food to kids in need… CCAH staffers see no limit to the time spent outside our work-week giving back to the local community.